Up to 4 Circuit Breaker panelboards with built-in passive harmonic filtering.
Eliminates the need for K-rated transformers and double ampacity neutrals. Ideal for broadcasting, telecommunications, data processing, call centers and all office environments with personal computers. Easily installed in either raised or solid floor applications.
The ONICS™ Harmonic Mitigating Remote Panelboard (HMRP) integrates MIRUS' patented and proven harmonic mitigating technology with two 42-circuit or 30-circuit distribution panelboards, optional monitoring and TVSS in an attractive, easy to install package. ONICS™ treats all four of the major current harmonics created by single-phase, switch-mode power supplies (SMPS) by diverting the triplen (3rd and 9th) harmonics from the neutral and by cancelling the 5th and 7th harmonics through phase-shifting. Overheating of distribution transformers and their neutral conductors is no longer a problem. Voltage distortion is kept well within IEEE Std 519 limits, thereby increasing the reliability of the connected equipment. Operating costs are reduced because harmonic induced losses in the power distribution system are lowered by the ONICS™ HMRP.
- Built-in harmonic mitigation treats all four major harmonics (3rd, 5th, 7th & 9th)
- Eliminates need for double neutrals and reduces neutral-to-ground voltage
- Lowers operating costs by reducing losses and eliminating the need for K-rated transformers
- Diverts up to 90% of the neutral current leaving the panelboards
- Reduces harmonic induced ground currents