The Onics HMPC is an outstanding power distribution unit ideal for the raised floor environment. It incorporates MIRUS' patented and proven Harmonic Mitigating Transformer (HMT) technology.
Taking the HARM out of HARMONICS has never been easier
At the heart of the ONICS™ HMPC is MIRUS’ proven high efficiency and harmonic mitigating transformer (HMT) technology. The unique secondary winding configuration of the Harmony-2E™ minimizes output voltage distortion and flat-topping by cancelling 3rd, 5th, 7th and 9th harmonic fluxes, preventing these harmonic currents from appearing in the primary winding. Consequently, voltage distortion will be within IEEE Std 519 limits despite the application of substantial harmonic loads.
The new ULLTRA™ ultra high efficiency transformer option meets NEMA Premium (CSL-3) efficiency levels not only at light loads, but over a much wider load range, ensuring energy savings in your ‘Green’ Data Center regardless of loading. Another trend in ‘Green’ Data Center design is to use 415/240V distribution. MIRUS offers a unique and patent pending autotransformer configuration for voltage transformation from 480 - 415/240V. This allows for standard 480V distribution to the HMPC. The Harmonic Filter and autotransformer are combined into one magnetic package to save space and significantly reduce losses.
The HMPC integrates harmonic mitigation with noise suppression, electronic grade grounding, non-linear load distribution panels, TVSS, monitoring and alarms for a complete power quality package.
Isolation Transformer Option:
- High transformer efficiencies maintained over a wide load range, not just at light load levels
- Harmonic Mitigating Transformer (HMT) options include patented Harmony-2E which treats all four major current harmonics (3rd, 5th, 7th & 9th) by flux cancellation within secondary windings
- All HMT transformers prevent triplens from circulating in the primary windings
- Dual electrostatic shield for noise suppression
- Harmonic losses lowered both within transformer and in upstream distribution
- Unique and patent pending autotransformer configuration provides significant energy savings in 415V Data Center applications. Allows for the use of standard 480V UPS systems
- Only autotransformer suitable for 3-wire In / 4-wire Out but requires local electrical authority approval. No special approval required for 4-wire In / 4-wire Out applications
- Built-in harmonic mitigation treats all four major harmonics (3rd, 5th, 7th & 9th)
- Smaller footprint and significantly lower losses than isolation transformers